Years have gone into getting these right as experts say Log homes and Cabins may have been built as early as 1638. Since our first early settlers, Americans have a rich history of building this country while living in Log Cabins. Proven to be affordable, useful, and cost efficient, they have also blended beautifully with the surrounding wilderness. Today we offer even more cost efficient better constructed versatile Log homes and Cabins while technology has played a part in these historic homes longevity and comfort.
All our homes are prefabricated using modular techniques. The modular sections are built stronger than traditionally framed homes to ensure structural integrity during transit.
• 2x10 floor joists 16" O.C.
• 3/4 " tongue & groove sub-floor- glued and nailed to joists
• Pressure-treated porch decking (composite decking upgrade available)
• 2x6 framed exterior walls - studs spaced 16" O.C.
• Walls sheathed with Y1611 058 and house wrapped
• White pine tongue & groove. log siding
• Round log railings on porches
• Exterior stain/preservative applied in factory
• Insulated windows with low-e/argon glass (0.31 u-factor)
• Insulated. fiberglass 6-panel entrance door
• 2x10 roof rafters@ 16" O.C. or engineered trusses@ 24" O.C.
• V/611 058 roof sheathing with felt paper above
• Lifetime GAF/Elk architectural shingle roof (steel roof is optional)
• Insulation packages to meet or exceed your local energy codes
Our knotty pine kitchens provide that primitive feel that blends so well with the theme. But don't begin to think the construction is old-fashioned! All our kitchens are solid-wood construction with dovetail drawer boxes and full-extension drawer slides. And don't worry about slamming drawers, as soft-close drawers are a standard feature. A double-bowl stainless steel sink with Moen faucet is factory installed, along with laminate counter tops. A range hood (or optional microwave with exhaust fan) is provided to whisk away the fumes while you cook.
Our bathrooms are complete, including the mirror, hand towel rack, and even the toilet paper holder. All showers and tubs are worry-free single piece fiberglass units. Pedestal sinks or solid pine vanities are used, depending on the floor plan (upgraded maple vanity shown). And our typical wood floors are traded for vinyl flooring with a realistic tile pattern in this room - giving you peace of mind when water doesn't stay where it's supposed to .
All interior doors (bedroom, bath, and closet) are knotty pine and solid wood construction.
Shelving is included in all our closets. Coat closets and bedroom closets have one 12" shelf with a rod, while pantries and linen closets have four 16" deep shelves.
High-quality lighting fixtures are standard. And there is no need to request ceiling fans, as they are already included in all bedrooms and living areas.
Tongue & groove yellow pine flooring is a standard part of our packages. This flooring provides a beautiful real-wood surface on top of our standard 3/4" tongue & groove oriental strand board sub-floor.
**Our Recreational Cabins (not available. in all areas) are often built on pressure treated 4x4 skids with 2x6 pressure treated floor joists. Exterior walls are 2x4 and roof systems are typically 2x6 or 2x8, and insulation values are reduced. These cabins are a perfect choice for weekend getaways and hunting cabins where full-time living is not the intent, and complying with residential codes is not necessary.